LWVUS POSITION IN BRIEF
This year, the LWV-Wilmette will:
- Engage local entities to increase involvement in citizen engagement initiatives including but not limited to churches, newspapers, governmental boards, Chamber of Commerce
- Encourage active boards and fully-staffed commissions with directives
- Educate the community about where taxes go and how tax dollars are spent
- Improve public awareness of and turnout at board meetings (goal: the right people show up at the right time), committee of the whole, plan commissions etc.
- Encourage citizens to become candidates for elective office
- Developing Q&A living room conversations with local leaders and membership